Fortnite UPDATE: V7.20
Welcome another new Fortnite update, and Epic Games has revealed the patch notes for update v7.20. What's new?
- Scoped Revolver
- Glider Redeploy Item
LIMITED TIME MODE: ONE SHOT
There’s low gravity and every player has 50 health. Snipers are the only weapon and Bandages the only healing item. Jump high and aim well!
- Gravity is set lower than normal.
- The Storm wait time has been greatly reduced in all phases of the game.
- The only weapons in this mode are Hunting Rifles and Sniper Rifles.
- Semi-auto Snipers and Bounce Pads have been removed from the Vault in this mode.
- Players will spawn with 50 health and can only heal if they find Bandages.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Scoped Revolver
- Added Gliders, an item that grants Glider redeploy.
- Minigun adjustments
- Rarity color adjustments
- The following projectile-based weapons now have the same projectile trajectory as the Heavy Sniper Rifle
- Weapon first-shot accuracy now works with icy feet and while on ziplines.
- The reticle center dot on Scoped Rifles has been reduced in size. This will mitigate situations where it appears you’re on your target but still miss the shot.
- Small shields max stack size has been decreased from 10 to 6.
- Zipline improvements
- Added the ability to change direction via player movement input button. Just move in the direction you’d like to go while riding a zipline, no jumping required.
- Rather than moving at max speed as soon as entering the zipline, players will now accelerate over time to reach that max speed.
- Destruction effects have been turned back on while riding a zipline.
- Players will destroy the nearby player buildings before attaching to the zipline so their path becomes clear
- Added a third decimal place for mouse/controller sensitivity to allow for more granular values.
- To help with situations where walls are built mostly underground, we've added functionality where an extra piece will be built for free on top of that piece.
- This occurs when the wall piece is showing less than 30% above ground.
- Gamepad Sensitivity
- Building sensitivity change also applies to edit mode.
- Editing will no longer interrupt gun fire and pickaxe swings.
- Corn stalks will no longer block gunfire.
- Editing a structure will now begin without waiting for a response from the server. This should cut down on ghost shots before editing and make it a smoother experience.
- Confirming the edit will still require sending data to the server and be impacted by high ping or poor server performance.
- Vehicle impact damage to a player will now respect shields instead of directly applying to player health.
- When a plane explodes due to any reason, it will now deal damage to both passengers and pilots. This damage no longer ignores shields.
- Infinite dab is even more infinite...Dab for 11 hours instead of 10 hours in the lobby.
- Adjusted map art to more accurately represent player & marker positions.
- Textures of props used in emotes are now pre-streamed so scorecard and other emotes that use props will have less chance of using a low-resolution texture.
- X-4 Stormwing passengers now have the same Hold to Exit functionality as pilots.
SAVE THE WORLD
MISSIONS + SYSTEMS
- Weekly Frostnite Challenge 3: New Wave Holiday
- Enemy waves send a large horde of the same enemy type at you.
- Players need to eliminate a specific number of enemies of that type to progress to the next wave.
- Available on January 16 at 7 PM ET.
- Weekly Frostnite Challenge 3 Quest rewards include:
- Challenge Banner 3
- Ice Queen Outlander
- Snowflake Tickets
- The 14 Days of Fortnite event has ended and the Quests are no longer available.
- Added a new Power Level 128 zone in Frostnite for end-game players.
- This zone will be available to players who have reached the end of Twine Peaks
- Earn a new Reward Banner for completing all 30 waves of Frostnite in a 128 Power Level zone!
- Increased Frostnite XP, Gold, and Ticket rewards, especially at later waves, to better incentivize longer survival times.
- Replaced Transform Key and Schematic rewards with Perk-UP and RE-PERK in higher difficulty Frostnite zones.
- Changed which Storm Shield Defense quests unlock the Frostnite zones, so players should see more appropriately leveled zones.
- Mission map adjustments
- Missions are no longer locked behind old side quests. They are now unlocked by quests in the main campaign.
- Key story-specific missions can no longer have mission alerts on them.
- The Ice King will be available in the Event Store.
- Legendary variant of the Hotfixer subclass.
- Available on January 16 at 7 PM Eastern Time.
- The Ice Queen is available as a week 3 Frostnite challenge quest reward.
- Legendary variant of Striker subclass.
- Available to earn from January 16 at 7 PM ET until January 23 at 7 PM ET.
- Any Hero that had Damage Resistance Perks converted to Armor Perks in the v7.10 update is eligible for an Item Reset.
- If you choose to reset a hero this will return the hero to level 1, and all XP and evolution materials invested into the hero will be refunded
- Note that this reset option will be forfeited if any new resources are invested into the hero, or if the hero is slotted into the collection book.
- Separate targeting, scope, and gamepad building sensitivity settings are now shared between Save the World and Battle Royale.